SponsorshipPet University, along with the following Central Garden and Pet Brands, are proud Sponsors of Dogs For Diabetics, Inc. (D4D)
Dogs4Diabetics is an innovative non-profit organization that provides quality medical alert assistance dogs to youth and adults who are insulin-dependent type 1 diabetics through a program of training, placement, and follow-up services.
Dogs4Diabetics assistance dogs have been specifically trained to identify, and more importantly, act upon the subtle scent changes that hypoglycemia (low blood glucose) creates in body chemistry, changes undetectable to their human companions. For more information, please visit Dogs For Diabetics, Inc.
This non-profit organization was established and operates to do the following:
- Training and certifying dogs for hypoglycemia (low blood glucose) medical alert.
- Studying and developing training protocols for the Dogs4Diabetics program.
- Training diabetic youth and adults for the proper use and care of our dogs.
- Qualifying diabetic youth and adults for placement and service of our dogs.
- Placement follow-up services.
- Educating businesses, organizations, and the public to the uses and rights of certified Dogs4Diabetics medical alert dogs.
The AvoDerm Division provides food products for D4D dogs during their training. Nylabone provides the toys of choice for D4D dogs. They enjoy these toys at the training center as well as in their foster homes.
The Four Paws Division helps provide D4D foster families and clients with the appropriate collars, crates and other supplies that are needed to properly outfit the dogs during training and as they are initially placed with clients.
The generous nature of this support continues to expand with a new, major commitment that will help D4D expand their client and team training.