Skip to content

Reptiles Pet University e-Newsletter Signup

Did you know...

Print this page Share RSS Feed


You should always remember to wash your hands before and after any sort of physical contact with a reptile. This is especially important when handling fire-bellied toads because these toads produce toxic chemicals in their skin. While this venom is usually only a threat to animal predators and not to humans (to be affected, you generally must ingest the toxin), certain people are ultra sensitive to the toxic chemicals, and if they touch a fire-bellied toad, they may develop a skin rash or irritation. To avoid this, gloves can be worn while handling the toad or any part of his tank.

For more information, read Quick & Easy Fire-Bellied Toad Care (T.F.H. Publications, Inc.).

Sponsored links

Zilla Rules